Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margaret Mayhew
Does anybody know anything about Margaret Mayhew, author of The Master of Aysgarth and others? The internet is taciturn on the subject of this wonderful author (as is so often the case!).

I have the following 1976 dust jacket bio, but nothing more:

Quote:Margaret Mayhew, the daughter and wife of titled Englishmen, survived the bombing of London and celebrated her ninth birthday on VE day. As a debutante, she was presented to Queen Elizabeth II. Later, she traveled widely, from riding at a sheep station in Australia to having coffee with a Bedouin sheikh in his tent. Now she lives with her family in Sussex, England, and devotes her time to writing, studying English medieval history, and visiting historal sites.

Any further information about Ms. Mayhew would be appreciated!
Penfeather,
You have been reading and enjoying some of my book recommendations. I am so glad! It's gratifying to see one's own favorites appreciated. I'll be reading some of your recommendations as well.
There is some information about Margaret Mayhew at fantasticfiction.com. But she really did not write anymore romantic suspense stories, except perhaps The Cry of the Owl, which is a wonderful story actually involving a real hurricane-- The Great Storm of 1701 in Kent. It is not very gothic, but it is suspenseful.
I won't be posting anymore on this forum. Duty calls me away. (That sounds so dramatic! But it's true.)
Thanks for all of the great conversations.Smile
(12-15-2010, 01:52 PM)AliceChell Wrote: I won't be posting anymore on this forum. Duty calls me away. (That sounds so dramatic! But it's true.)
Thanks for all of the great conversations.Smile

Sorry to hear of your departure. You'll be missed! Perhaps someday if Duty permits, you'll visit us again.

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Margaret Erskine tamtam 1 10,714 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Last Post: readertim