Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for villainous heroes/heroines
Perfume was fantastic! If you really want to get into the mind of a creep, you can't get better than "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov. Its written from the perspective of a pedophile/poet who falls "in love" with a really young girl. Its really weird because the reader ends up sympathizing whith him for a long time and it forces you to question your definition of good vs perverse. Its quite interesting and psycological.
Crime and Punishment is technically written from the villain's point of view, but it's quite heavy.
(11-29-2010, 04:59 AM)Charybdis Wrote: Thanks for the recommendation! I found both books on IRC and they're my next to read. Really looking forward to them!! Smile
I just finished reading "Perfume" and Jean-Baptiste Grenouille most definitely is number five on my list of villainous heroes. A great book!

Perfume was fantastic! If you really want to get into the mind of a creep, you can't get better than "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov. Its written from the perspective of a pedophile/poet who falls "in love" with a really young girl. Its really weird because the reader ends up sympathizing whith him for a long time and it forces you to question your definition of good vs perverse. Its quite interesting and psycological.
Crime and Punishment is technically written from the villain's point of view, but it's quite heavy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for villainous heroes/heroines - by Bellatrix Lestrange - 12-05-2010, 03:59 PM