Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers
Newbie in the neighborhood - Printable Version

+- Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Newbie in the neighborhood (/showthread.php?tid=973)

Newbie in the neighborhood - Jace - 07-31-2011

Hi,

I am so happy to have found this forum. I hope that more fans of the Gothics find it as well and it becomes thriving.

I'm from Vermont and have always loved Gothics. I used to read them like a religion back in the sixties and seventies. Smile

So glad to be here. I'm also a writer and am thinking of writing some Gothics as ebooks to test the waters and see if there is still interest out there.

Nice to meet you! Jace

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Charybdis - 07-31-2011

Hi Jace, Welcome to the forum!

It would be great to have new blood amongst the traditional gothic writers and if you need people to test your books before publishing, I'm sure we'd jump at the occasion. Smile

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Jace - 07-31-2011

Thank you so much! I'll promote this site as often as I can. Smile

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Penfeather - 08-04-2011

Hi Jace,

I am very fond of Vermont and I imagine there could be some settings there which would lend themselves well to a Gothic story, even if there is no coast. But some of those wooded hills off the beaten track can be sufficiently eerie at certain times of year. And of course the atmosphere would have been even more "Gothic" a century or more ago. Have you considered setting one of your own stories in your own state?

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Jace - 08-04-2011

I have thought about it. One of the stories I had outlined years ago, involved a reclusive horror writer, and I thought the Vermont woods by a lake would be a great setting. Tons of lakes here. I can actually see Lake Champlain and NY state from my apt. window. Smile

Have you visited Vermont often?

I have two websites and when I do my links pages, I will be putting this great place on them. I would love to see more people discover the Gothic Romance forum. Smile

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Penfeather - 08-05-2011

(08-04-2011, 01:28 AM)Jace Wrote: I have thought about it. One of the stories I had outlined years ago, involved a reclusive horror writer, and I thought the Vermont woods by a lake would be a great setting. Tons of lakes here. I can actually see Lake Champlain and NY state from my apt. window. Smile

That sounds like a wonderful setting! I encourage you to write it. Lakes can evoke more quietly sinister atmosphere than the seacoast, especially if it's a big enough lake so that it doesn't completely freeze over in winter.

Quote:Have you visited Vermont often?

Only a couple times, alas. Which is to say not nearly as often as I'd like!

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Cherchezlafemme - 08-07-2011

Welcome Jace!

RE: Newbie in the neighborhood - Jace - 08-08-2011

Thank you so much. You have a wonderful blog!