Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers

Full Version: Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title: Thunder on the Right
Author: Mary Stewart
Cover Artist: Harry Bennett
Fawcett Crest Edition, undated (thought to be early 1960s)
GothAdmin Wrote:Title: Thunder on the Right
Author: Mary Stewart
Cover Artist: Harry Bennett
Fawcett Crest Edition, undated (thought to be early 1960s)

thanks for all the great cover scans! Harry Bennett's work for Fawcett was always outstanding!
Hi,

Yes, I very much agree re Harry Bennett Smile. His work set the standard. It's a great shame so many of the others went uncredited.

I have plenty more to scan and upload and will attempt that over the coming week.
GothAdmin Wrote:Hi,

Yes, I very much agree re Harry Bennett Smile. His work set the standard. It's a great shame so many of the others went uncredited.

I have plenty more to scan and upload and will attempt that over the coming week.

I can't wait!!!!

Here's another great illustrator, Charles Geer who did a lot of the Gothic hardbacks in the late 60s. This is not my scan. I bought a used copy of this book but the cover is in pretty bad shape. No gothic heroine but I always loved the gothic watercolor skies in his work. I know he did some of the Barbara Michaels hardbacks and also Jill Tattersall. If anyone has access to these they would be great to share and see as well!