Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have their GR collection elaborately displayed?
With such beautiful and captivating covers, I can certainly imagine displaying my collection once I actually have one.

I can imagine them covering entire walls of a den, for example, under a sheet of plastic or glass, as fine, beautiful wallpaper.
I wouldn't say it's elaborate but I have an old wire book rack from the 1970s that has four slots across, five down. I have most of my Gothics with Harry Bennett covers displayed there, also a few fantasy artists and a number of vintage 70s horror paperbacks as well.
I have one tall, slender, black bookcase dedicated to Gothics. It has seven shelves, the upper four of which I've adjusted to fit paperbacks, the three lower for hardcovers. The case is gradually filling up, and in another year or so I'll have to find something bigger.

What I'd really love is a Victorian-style revolving bookcase, such as this handsome specimen. Anyone have $3,000 to spare?

http://www.horchow.com/store/catalog/pro...71215040-2
Seeing the post about a revolving bookcase reminds me of a book I once read. Two cups one with poison one without was sitting on top of a revolving bookcase. This cup of poison was meant for a certain person and meanwhile someone spun the bookcase around looking for a book and the wrong person drank from the cup.
Right now all my gothics are in storage as I am trying to sell my house, but when I have them out they are in a regular bookcase. When I do sell and purchase something a little smaller I want to have a space just for my book collection. I am not sure how I will display my books yet, but I will find a way. I think I have most of my collection now, I still search for more.