Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Witchcraft and Satanic cults
After reading The Devil's Own and recently, The Witching Hour, I started wondering about witchcraft and Satanic cults.  What is written in Gothic books seem to be very similar, but is it because this is really what Satanic cults and rituals really are? Or do the authors copy one another?  Is there a reference they draw from?

I am not interested in it for spiritual reasons, but more from a literary curiosity.  I recall seeing a special on TV (whether it was regular TV or cable, I cannot remember) several years ago where a priest decided to broaden his mind and explore other religions. He actually took part in a coven.  What he discovered was that witchcraft had nothing to do with devil worship.  Is it because the witches wanted to improve their image publicly or are these "white witches"?  Or is it that the practice of "witchcraft" really is distinct from Satanic cults? I don't want first-hand knowledge so I may never know the answer to this, but it does make me wonder how authors go about gathering their information on this subject.

Messages In This Thread
Witchcraft and Satanic cults - by paigenumber - 01-30-2018, 10:52 PM
RE: Witchcraft and Satanic cults - by Poppysma - 02-04-2018, 10:55 AM