Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever write a horror Gothic?
Dark Shadows I always loved (from years ago) Strange Paradise not familiar with.
If you can imagine Darks Shadows with serious themes like child abuse, glimpses into hell with demons and Satan, plus a strong love story you'd have what the novel is built upon.

Please check out my blog just so you see where I'm coming from because for the past two months I have blogged solely about the storyline and characters.

Delighted to hear from you!
thanks
(01-03-2011, 05:24 AM)The Governess Wrote: Blackstone, are you a fan of Dark Shadows & Strange Paradise?

I thought I answered this. so sorry!
yes, loved it. but haven't heard of the other one, but i am in the UK perhaps that's the reason.

Dark Shadows was terrific for it's time I loved it.
I write a great deal darker (not more violent) but darker than that. I want to write gothic romance for today's reader basically, using the great gothic narrative but incorporating far darker and more bold storylines.
Yes, it's called Judgement of Souls. Wink
(01-16-2012, 10:15 PM)VampWriter Wrote: Yes, it's called Judgement of Souls. Wink

Sounds good. I love the title.
Let's give some info about our books!

Rolleyes 
(01-17-2012, 06:17 AM)blackstone Wrote:
(01-16-2012, 10:15 PM)VampWriter Wrote: Yes, it's called Judgement of Souls. Wink

Sounds good. I love the title.
Let's give some info about our books!

It's in the Writers Forum - I didn't want to spam everyone on a different forum. Have a look in that. If you go to Amazon you can have a sneak preview of the first few pages. It's back on sale hopefully at the end of this week after Amazon mucked up and published it without the last chapter! The cover is amazing!

Thanks for your reply, nice to meet you!
i'll move it over there! thnaks!
yes I saw your book on Amazon, mine is on Smash, i'd rather it was on Amazon!
nice to now you!
and thanks for the advice!
(01-03-2011, 07:20 AM)blackstone Wrote: Dark Shadows I always loved (from years ago) Strange Paradise not familiar with.
If you can imagine Darks Shadows with serious themes like child abuse, glimpses into hell with demons and Satan, plus a strong love story you'd have what the novel is built upon.

Please check out my blog just so you see where I'm coming from because for the past two months I have blogged solely about the storyline and characters.

Delighted to hear from you!
thanks

I heard they have filmed Dark Shadows with Jonny Depp in the lead !!

Hey guys! I just found out I'm no 62 in the Gothic Romance charts on Amazon!! I'm so excited, this is my first book and its in the Top 100 - yee-ayy!!
Definitely! Smile But it should be something with GOTHIC sets - castles, old-fashioned inns, old mansions, graveyards, classic monsters etc.
I wrote 4 or 5 short stories focusing on the Gothic genre ... But they are all written in Russian. And I just try to write a romance / novel (or series).
I wrote one recently. Never tried it before but it was so exciting. I actually turned it into a 3 part podcast series in which I voice acted the characters myself. It was a lot of fun and scary at times. I recorded most of it at night to add to the ambience (hopefully some of the realisim) comes out in my performance, haha. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

https://open.spotify.com/show/5lJ2koMrTG...6314d14f2c

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Definition of horror Gothic paigenumber 11 61,211 03-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: paigenumber
  Horror Writers as Film Characters quamis 4 14,990 01-18-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: CharliResch
  What horror Gothic books do you recommend? readertim 19 77,983 11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jojo Lapin X
  What's the last horror Gothic book you read? readertim 6 25,991 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Bellatrix Lestrange
  What's your favorite horror Gothic novel? readertim 8 29,662 01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Des Esseintes
  Did Stephen King Ever Write Any Gothics? readertim 3 16,513 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Last Post: romanticdress