Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victory Cove
Smile 
It makes me so happy to see fellow Gothic Romance fans out there. I thought I was a rogue factor, but it's good to see there are others like me. Smile

I am a romantic suspense author (I call myself that, because honestly I didn't think people would understand if I said I was a 'Gothic romance' author).

If you have a moment or two, please take a peak at my two Romantic suspense (aka Gothic Romance Wink) novels.

Victory Cove - http://www.amazon.com/Victory-Cove-ebook/dp/B0030IM7BY

Megan Summers thought that she was safe in the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. For a year she hid in seclusion, preparing for the battle ahead by building her own target range and practicing adaptability in the darkened halls of Wakefield House. But, today a stranger appeared on her doorstep. Was he it? Was he her executioner?

For Jake Grogan, his trek to Victory Cove started out with a cryptic letter from a woman who after thirty-five years of silence identified herself as his mother. He was told to locate Wakefield House, the home of his grandmother. Jake found the sinister residence on the outermost crag of the ocean, but the woman who answered the door was not elderly. She was young, attractive, and looked like she would do about anything to get him off her doorstep.

Jake Grogan came to Victory Cove to discover his past. Megan Summers came to Victory Cove to escape hers. Inside Wakefield House their lives collide, and on the edge where land and sea meet, they wage a battle and struggle to survive the night.

WIDOW'S TALE - http://www.amazon.com/Widows-Tale-ebook/dp/B00147RWB8

Serena Murphy was losing her mind.

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there.

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.
Hi all. I wondered if I could post a snippet from VICTORY COVE for your perusal. If anyone has a chance to read it, I'd truly value your feedback. The book is doing very well on Amazon, but nobody ever reviews it, so I don't know if people actually liked it Sad

From VICTORY COVE...

Closing the trunk and hoisting it under her arm, she reached with the flashlight to throw the latch open as the door ripped from her hands and the Atlantic screamed at her.
She screamed back.
Even with the collar pulled up over her ears, the myriad sounds of the tempest assaulted Megan. In the wind, she heard the ghostly woman crying, the phantom that besieged her at night. Outside of Wakefield’s dark chambers, the cry took on a hollow sound, like a woeful moan meant to lure you towards its source, the yawning black shadows beyond the cliff’s edge.
Megan also heard the anxious murmur of ice and snow, like a thousand voices whispering about her, berating her, cajoling her. Amidst their dissonance, one voice broke through.
“Margaret.”
Megan’s body jerked and the radio fell to the ground. It wasn’t the storm that called her name. She spun around and instinctively crouched, prepared to attack, but she did not have her trusty Glock. She had nothing but her bare hands and a flashlight.
“Margaret.” That chilled voice called again.
Megan whirled and saw his outline. Night swelled into the menacing form of a man. There were no distinct features, only a shadow—a frightening profile that looked as if the storm had taken its vivacity and breathed life into this very monster.
I think the novel sounds interesting. I even sense some romantic tension between Jake and the woman at the door. It's great that you found this little-known message board.

I want this novel by the way!
(03-20-2010, 06:36 AM)UberStein Wrote: I think the novel sounds interesting. I even sense some romantic tension between Jake and the woman at the door. It's great that you found this little-known message board.

I want this novel by the way!

Thank you for your kind words, UberStein. There's more to browse on my website. I'll post some more excerpts here shortly!!!
www.maureenamiller.com
Even with the collar pulled up over her ears, the myriad sounds of the tempest assaulted Megan. In the wind, she heard the ghostly woman crying, the phantom that besieged her at night. Outside of Wakefield’s dark chambers, the cry took on a hollow sound, like a woeful moan meant to lure you towards its source, the yawning black shadows beyond the cliff’s edge.

That paragraph is exactly what I love to read. So full of mood and atmosphere.

I wonder who the "tempest" is? I must get that novel!
Victory Cove has a trailer now if you have a chance...take a quick peek! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MABqYP8EcUg
I can't wait to order them.. additions to my "gothic" collection.. thanks for sharing.. I search bookstores for romantic suspense and seldom do I find what I am searching for... but I will add you to my list of musthaves..
(07-06-2010, 09:01 AM)scoobertina Wrote: I can't wait to order them.. additions to my "gothic" collection.. thanks for sharing.. I search bookstores for romantic suspense and seldom do I find what I am searching for... but I will add you to my list of musthaves..

You just became my favorite person in the world, Scoobertina. Big Grin I do know what you're saying...about seldom finding what you're searching for. I truly hope you enjoy the read.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Winter's Cove" - opening scene Angelina 1 9,447 09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Jace