Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What American gothic authors do you read?
I'm looking to try out a few American authors. By try out, I mean that I'll read one or a few of their books. What American Gothic authors do you like?
GOTHIC ALERT!! GOTHIC ALERT!!

In August,2008, Eve Silver's historical gothic, HIS WICKED SINS, will be released. I've read an excerpt and it's great!

Linda
I enjoy Carol Goodman's stories. She writes modern day gothics.
Manderley Wrote:I enjoy Carol Goodman's stories. She writes modern day gothics.

Manderley,

I have not heard of Carol Goodman. What gothics has she written so that I can be on the lok out for them?

Linda
LC1234546 Wrote:

Manderley,

I have not heard of Carol Goodman. What gothics has she written so that I can be on the lok out for them?

Linda

I agree with Manderley. I've only read The Ghost Orchid (see reviews), but want to read more by this author.
LC1234546 Wrote:

Manderley,

Linda

I've read "The Lake of Dead Languages", "The Ghost Orchid" and "The Drowning Tree". Of these, the first one is by far the best IMO. I loved it. And I'm planning to read more by her.

Mind you, she writes gothic, but she's not heavy on the romance, so if that's the main thing for you, you might not like her. I don't care so much for romance, but I'm all for atmosphere and she provides plenty of that.

Check out her web site for more info: http://www.carolgoodman.com/
My favorite authors:
Virginia Coffman
Phyllis A. Whitney
i am reading the greastest gothic author of the world, Edgar ALLEN POE...
(09-30-2007, 10:21 PM)readertim Wrote: I'm looking to try out a few American authors. By try out, I mean that I'll read one or a few of their books. What American Gothic authors do you like?

I'm a fan of Phyllis A. Whitney, but as far as modern authors, Kathy Hepinstall has some mad skills. I read her first book The House of Gentle Men a few years back and plan to read her other books, Prince of Lost Places and The Absence of Nectar.

Her writing is full of atmosphere and dark humor, but she's also good at creeping you out. Her characters are compelling, and even if you don't like a character, you can't help but pity them in some way, and for me, I need fully-developed characters as well as an intriguing plot.
can someone tell me where I find the raven by edgar allan poe ...does he wrote about gothic literature genre?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overrated American Authors readertim 9 38,457 08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Last Post: romanticdress
  list of authors coramunroe 5 23,195 01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Last Post: tamtam
  Gothic Poetry-please help! elbowlinio 4 15,424 11-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Last Post: elbowlinio
  Who's your favorite American author? readertim 8 30,714 05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Last Post: coramunroe
Question Any good American authors? fallover 11 43,510 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Last Post: coramunroe