Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
list of authors
Does anyone know of a website that lists all those authors who published the gothics during the 60s, and 70s?
I'm not aware of a website with a list of Gothic authors. I have a book, dating from the 1970s, which lists authors considered to be Gothic. If I can find it, maybe I'll start a list.
If you do come across it, please post the title and author!

I grew up reading Phyllis Whitney and Victoria Holt and the odd Velda Johnston, and now in my 30s, am revisiting gothics. I hope to discover new (to me) authors, and I'm a very analytical, list maker type, so I'd love to have this book as a possible reference.

Thanks!
The best online bibliography is here:

http://www.thesicklytaper.com/INDEX.html

But it's mainly related to classic gothics and horror gothics. However, it might guide you to other print sources.
I read gothic novels back in the 70's and remember enjoying them. I want to get into them again. I cannot recall many authors names. Can anybody give me a list of some of the best? American, British or otherwise

Thank you David
(12-31-2009, 07:20 PM)David E Wrote: I read gothic novels back in the 70's and remember enjoying them. I want to get into them again. I cannot recall many authors names. Can anybody give me a list of some of the best? American, British or otherwise

Thank you David

You might want to take a look at the "best gothic romances of the 20th century" thread under the general discussion category. You'll find some recurring names spread under the various categories.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overrated American Authors readertim 9 38,460 08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Last Post: romanticdress
  What American gothic authors do you read? readertim 10 38,483 05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Bastet
Question Any good American authors? fallover 11 43,516 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Last Post: coramunroe