Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Circle of Death" original cover art
Great cover art by artist Lou Marchetti to Helen Arvonen's novel " Circle of Death" ACE book K-278 (1967) first printing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Gothmeister Wrote:Great cover art by artist Lou Marchetti to Helen Arvonen's novel " Circle of Death" ACE book K-278 (1967) first printing.

how do you get these original images? do you collect the originals? where and how does one go about doing that? that scan of the original art for this book is incredible!
Monique Devereaux Wrote:
Gothmeister Wrote:Great cover art by artist Lou Marchetti to Helen Arvonen's novel " Circle of Death" ACE book K-278 (1967) first printing.

how do you get these original images? do you collect the originals? where and how does one go about doing that? that scan of the original art for this book is incredible!

Hi,

I have a small collection of originals in this genre. If your interested in looking at original Gothic Romance art I suggest this site http://people.uncw.edu/smithms/Ace_pot_5N.html the image library with the 5 digit code references contain the most ACE gothic romance cover originals. If your interested in buying originals, eBay is the most economical source for that.Gothic romance originals on eBay come along very infrequently however. The Heritage Comics Auction website http://comics.ha.com/ has numerous large scans of vintage gothic romance original covers that have sold in the past. You have to enroll however to acess the images in the permanent auction archive. If you decide to do this LMT and I'll explain to you about how to narrow down the field of images to just Gothic Romance.If your interested in buying a vintage gothic romance cover without the wait there are some available at Graphiccollectibles http://www.graphiccollectibles.com/ they are pricey however at about two to three times market rate. If your looking for something specific ask Mitch, he maybe able to help you.Hope this helps.

Derek
thanks for that info and the links, Derek. I've been to the ACE site. I've been trolling the internet for scans for years, and frequently resort to buying certain titles on eBay solely to scan the cover and add it to my jpeg collection (I keep the book of course - I usually don't intend to read it). but THIS might be opening up a whole new dimension for me. I'll casually peruse the other two sites, and now that I know names of more artists (thanks to you) can begin to keep my eye out for such things. Don't know if collecting original artwork will be within my budget but I'm mad about this style of artwork. Thanks again for all your posts and help today

Barrymore (yep, I'm a guy)
I've got this novel, with that cover art. Have yet to read it (still tucked away in one of my three metal boxes). Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Circle of Evil by Sharon Wagner GothAdmin 0 6,982 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Last Post: GothAdmin
  Katheryn Kimbrough cover art RareMale 4 16,751 10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Monique Devereaux
  Jerome Podwil cover art Gothmeister 2 13,564 10-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Last Post: RareMale
  Thunder Heights by Phyllis Whitney (Harry Bennett cover) Monique Devereaux 1 9,485 06-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Last Post: lmz
  " The Glass House" original cover art Gothmeister 1 15,928 03-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Artdealer
  Preliminary book cover study Gothmeister 0 6,116 02-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Gothmeister
  Yesterday's Evil original art Gothmeister 0 6,261 02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
  Harry Bennett original paperback art Gothmeister 2 11,873 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Tom Bennett
  Mystery book cover Gothmeister 4 18,404 11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Last Post: sara
  Marilyn Cram Donahue Art Framed Gothmeister 0 6,323 08-22-2010, 01:17 PM