Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mausoleum

A mausoleum in Magnolia Cemetery in downtown Mobile, Alabama. It's a wonderful cemetery but this is the only semi-Gothic architecture within the place. I used this structure as inspiration for the mausoleum in my Gothic family saga (first book releases in January 2019.)
(02-26-2018, 10:13 PM)Carrie Dalby Wrote: A mausoleum in Magnolia Cemetery in downtown Mobile, Alabama. It's a wonderful cemetery but this is the only semi-Gothic architecture within the place. I saw these phenq results here and used this structure as inspiration for the  mausoleum in my Gothic family saga (first book releases in January 2019.)

Very nice Gothic image of Magnolia Cemetery. I would love to capture that on a painting. Eagerly waiting for your Gothic family saga.
Thank you. I should have cover art to share later this fall. Here's one of the teasers I've been sharing on a few of my social media pages with the looming cathedral. 

The whole series (eight books) is a Southern Gothic family saga, but books 2-3 are Gothic horror as well (the house the main characters are in is infested with demons) and book five is a Gothic Romance. It took me a while to find a publisher willing to take on this genre bending project, but I found the perfect home with a Southern Indie publisher.

(03-12-2020, 02:05 PM)caleb76 Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:31 PM)Carrie Dalby Wrote: Thank you. I should have cover art to share later this fall. Here's one of the teasers I've been sharing on a few of my social media pages with the looming cathedral. 

The whole series (eight books) is a Southern Gothic family saga, but books 2-3 are Gothic horror as well (the house the main characters are in is infested with demons) and book five is a Gothic Romance. It took me a while to find a publisher willing to take on this genre bending project, but I found the perfect home with a Southern Indie publisher.

it's amazing.

Book 4 releases  April 2020.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-26-2018, 10:13 PM)Carrie Dalby Wrote: A mausoleum in Magnolia Cemetery in downtown Mobile, Alabama. It's a wonderful cemetery but this is the only semi-Gothic architecture within the place. I used this structure as inspiration for the mausoleum in my Gothic family saga (first book releases in January 2019.) 
That sounds like a fascinating inspiration for your Gothic family saga! Mausoleums can hold a certain mystique and evoke a sense of history and intrigue, making them a perfect fit for Gothic themes. The fact that this particular mausoleum stands out in a cemetery known for its different architectural style adds a layer of uniqueness to your narrative. If you have any questions or if you'd like advice on how to incorporate this inspiration effectively into your story, feel free to ask!