Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Soul
Toungue 
Tongue

Do you ever feel you were born in the wrong time?

Greetings, I'm new around here and just love what I have seen so far. I'm happy to be here and find some good reads. My journey is a long story so here is a short version:
  • I'm a artist lost and found again
  • A mother, wife, and daughter
  • Living in central Illinois USA
  • I will be 32 on Nov. 1st. 
  • I am a returning college student in Graphic Design
I am a open book ask me anything.
Welcome. I'm a newbie here, too.
What I like about living in the now is the opportunity to read/explore all about lives in the past. I love historical fiction for that reason. I can get a taste for the time period and still keep my indoor plumbing and air conditioning.  Shy
(10-22-2017, 09:31 PM)thewitchinghour Wrote: Tongue

Do you ever feel you were born in the wrong time?

Greetings, I'm new around here and just love what I have seen so far. I'm happy to be here and find some good reads. My journey is a long story so here is a short version:
  • I'm a artist lost and found again
  • A mother, wife, and daughter
  • Living in central Illinois USA
  • I will be 32 on Nov. 1st. 
  • I am a returning college student in Graphic Design
I am a open book ask me anything.

Sorry I missed this post.  I can definitely relate to your opening question! I was born exactly a hundred years too late.

Since you've invited questions: 

(1) How do you feel about the prospect of returning to school? 

(2) Do you have a blog or website with some of your artwork on it?

(3) What are your reading tastes, as pertains to this form or otherwise?

Welcome!
(10-27-2017, 08:50 PM)Carrie Dalby Wrote: Welcome. I'm a newbie here, too.
What I like about living in the now is the opportunity to read/explore all about lives in the past. I love historical fiction for that reason. I can get a taste for the time period and still keep my indoor plumbing and air conditioning.  Shy

You make an excellent point.  I suppose it's easy to say that one wishes to have been born in an earlier period; but if we had, we wouldn't miss those modern conveniences that we depend on now.  We'd have grown up without them and would be just fine.

Now -- if time travel opened up, how many of us would permanently relocate to the past? I think I might -- but only if I could jump in my time machine and revisit the future if I needed to see a dentist or something.  Then I'd go back "home" to some previous century.

I do like your perspective about using the here-and-now as an opportunity to explore all areas of past history.  In that way, the internet is like a time machine.  It's easy to discount our blessings in that way.
I think I was born 200 years too late. There were many "romantic eras", many of which included wars - Napoleonic, WWI, WWII. By "romantic" I mean that there was some nostalgia and mystery associated with it.

I had a colleague once who told us about seeing a psychic hypnotist. She was not forthcoming about details but she said the hypnotist took her back to seven previous lives and she was able to see herself in each of those eras. I was never a firm believer in re-incarnation, but what do I know?