Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beekeeper's Daughter -Gothic Romance by Jane Jordan
Dark Gothic Historical Thriller - Press Release - The Beekeeper's Daughter

Acclaimed novelist Jane Jordan takes readers on an unforgettable journey deep into the heart of 19th century Exmoor in England in her latest novel, The Beekeeper's Daughter.  An exquisitely crafted dark thriller, The Beekeeper's Daughter is a sensational—and sensationally suspenseful—supernatural tale about a dangerous love triangle, a devastating betrayal, a shocking realization—and the ultimate battle between good and evil.

About the book:  Beekeeper's daughter Annabel Taylor grows up wild and carefree on the moors of England in the late 1860s. A child of nature and grace with an unusual ability to charm bees, Annabel follows in the footstep of her mother Lilith, a beautiful witch.  With her closest friend and soulmate Jevan Wenham by her side, Annabel's life is a life filled with wonder and curiosity. But Jevan, the son of a blacksmith, lives his life on the verge of destruction, and his devotion to Annabel probes the boundaries between brutality and deep desire, passion and pleasure. When Jevan leaves Exmoor to pursue an education in London, Annabel's world shatters.  Devastated without Jevan, Annabel is sure her life is ending. But everything changes when she crosses paths with Alexander Saltonstall. The heir to the Saltonstall legacy and son of Cerberus Saltonstall, the wealthy landowner of the foreboding Gothelstone Manor, Alex is arrogant and self-assured—and enamored of the outspoken Annabel.  Even though the two are socially worlds apart, that doesn't stop Alex from asking, or rather demanding, Annabel's hand in marriage.  But when Annabel refuses, she is forced into an impossible situation. To further complicate matters, Jevan is back—and so are those same desires, that same passion and intensity. But nothing is as it seems, and Annabel and Jevan are in grave danger.  At risk of being ensnared into the dark legacy of the Saltonstall family, Annabel faces the ultimate test.  Will her fledgling powers be enough to save those she loves most? Can she even save herself?
Beautifully written and brimming with historical detail, The Beekeeper's Daughter is resplendent with irresistible whimsy, richly-developed characters, and a captivating storyline. A mesmerizing and magnificent tale, The Beekeeper's Daughter charms with its magical setting, thrills with its pulse-quickening plotlines, and buzzes with romance, suspense, and intrigue.  Smart and swiftly-paced, this exquisite supernatural thriller is enchanting.
(08-28-2017, 01:43 PM)janemarie1 Wrote: Dark Gothic Historical Thriller - Press Release - The Beekeeper's Daughter

I read this book on your recommendation. I found it rather a slow go, and I'm not a fan of its supernatural aspects. The sex was too brutal for my taste, too. The hero underwent an unbelievable transformation when he went to London. I wouldn't call it a "thriller," but it represents a large body of work on the part of the author. Those who like paranormal historical romance may find it of interest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dying to find gothic I read years ago! Please help :-) sulaco2d 3 13,083 07-16-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: paigenumber
  Gothic Journal Newsletter GothicLover 1 5,070 05-16-2020, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Carrie Dalby
  Best "Classic" Gothic list paigenumber 11 71,020 07-27-2018, 05:28 AM
Last Post: ZackFerrum
  Creating a Best Gothic Romance List maisonvivante 50 179,287 07-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ZackFerrum
Exclamation Gothic Literature Resources on the Internet GothAdmin 15 60,341 07-23-2018, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Edgar Theodore Machen
  Elements of a bad Gothic paigenumber 7 18,121 01-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Jojo Lapin X
  Gothic Journal Newsletter GothicLover 1 7,421 12-30-2017, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Penfeather
  Looking for old gothic romance soche11 3 10,994 08-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Last Post: soche11
  Gothic/Gothic Romanic Suspense/Romantic Suspense gothicromancereader 11 49,497 08-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Last Post: janemarie1
  Gothic Journal Sept. 2016 Newsletter GothicLover 0 5,887 09-04-2016, 11:53 AM
Last Post: GothicLover