Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie & published author
Hi everyone!

I stumbled across this forum when Googling for info about Gothic romance. I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the genre because:
1) I enjoy it and
2) I'm writing my 2nd novel and I want it to be more like a gothic romance.

I used to have a lot of gothics in my library but they've disappeared over the years and now I'm wishing I kept them. So now I'm scouring eBay and the like because I want editions with the covers I used to have LOL

I love Phyllis A. Whitney - was sad to hear when she died earlier this year. But I've just bought her GUIDE TO FICTION WRITING book and can't wait to read it.

I've been checking out the other areas and threads and looking over your Best Of list brought back some fond memories.

I'm glad I found this place! LOL
Congratulations on being published! Smile

I hope to be a published author one day myself.
Thanks, Bellatrix!

I've been writing for a long time and had some short stories published so I'm glad to finally have my first novel published.

You just gotta keep plugging away and if you want it, you'll get it! LOL
I have tons of Phyllis Whitney books! She, along with Victoria Holt were my two favorite gothic romance authors when I was younger. Geez, I haven't read their books in a long time. I'll have to dig them out of storage.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings I am a Newbie Moonflower 1 7,179 02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Last Post: RareMale
  Newbie in the neighborhood Jace 7 19,735 08-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Jace
  Author of New Contemporary Gothic Suspense - The House on Black Lake houseonblacklake 0 6,046 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Last Post: houseonblacklake
  Newbie from the Pacific NW elizabethcoleman 2 9,770 07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Penfeather
  I am a Author malaik 1 7,331 10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Monique Devereaux