Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APB: Gloomy Sunday
If the creator of the BlogSpot "Gloomy Sunday" is a member of this forum I would really like to correspond with you! I can't find a way to email you from your webpage. I found your blog through the League of Tana Leaf Tea Drinkers (hee hee)

for those of you who haven't seen this site:

http://glooomysunday.blogspot.com/

excellent cover scans and fun book reviews!
Big Grin 
Hello - Yes I am a member but have sadly not posted anything - I was thinking of trying to post my reviews here too but keeping Gloomy Sunday going and also making Gothics a real part of the Romance Wiki (http://www.romancewiki.com/Main_Page) takes up a lot of time! You can reach me at jlong AT parker dot com
Thanks for the plug!

Monique Devereaux Wrote:If the creator of the BlogSpot "Gloomy Sunday" is a member of this forum I would really like to correspond with you! I can't find a way to email you from your webpage. I found your blog through the League of Tana Leaf Tea Drinkers (hee hee)

Gloomy Sunday is an excellent blog! Smile
Sad 
Monique Devereaux Wrote:If the creator of the BlogSpot "Gloomy Sunday" is a member of this forum I would really like to correspond with you! I can't find a way to email you from your webpage. I found your blog through the League of Tana Leaf Tea Drinkers (hee hee)

I too am a fan of this wonderful blog. However, it appears to have been removed! Does anybody have any news about the new (if any?) whereabouts of Gloomy Sunday?
Penfeather Wrote:I too am a fan of this wonderful blog. However, it appears to have been removed! Does anybody have any news about the new (if any?) whereabouts of Gloomy Sunday?

perspicacity - I was just checking Garnet Night's blog, the second post down (as of today) she is inquiring about Gloomy Sunday's whereabouts - comments left seem to think it is a temporary glitch.

I think Garnet Night also = Bellatrix who posts here as well! Check it out, she has a great cover scan up today of a Signet Double Gothic. BTW Miss C Garnet Night, when do we get to read the first 90% of Tragedy at Sutterbury Manor (with blue cover art by ME!)?
Monique Devereaux Wrote:I think Garnet Night also = Bellatrix who posts here as well! Check it out, she has a great cover scan up today of a Signet Double Gothic. BTW Miss C Garnet Night, when do we get to read the first 90% of Tragedy at Sutterbury Manor (with blue cover art by ME!)?

Does this mean you are an illustrator, Monique?
lol - somewhat, but I wouldn't call it "illustration" - I do computer graphics, some 3D modelling but mostly photo manipulations with PhotoShop. When Gloomy Sunday posted the story Bellatrix / Garnet Night had written she posted a graphic which was an illustration for a gothic novel circa the 60s - I just took it and put words on it.
Hey Bellatrix, Absinthe thought I should out myself since you're here. I often surf through your blogs (but rarelyfind I have anything to say). Nice work.
So . . . whatever happened to Absinthe and Gloomysunday? With respect for Absinthe's privacy, I only ask out of genuine concern and hope for her well-being. Gloomysunday was a wonderful blog, a fine resource for gothic readers and the internet is the poorer for its absence.

Absinthe -- if you can -- please come back!
Penfeather Wrote:So . . . whatever happened to Absinthe and Gloomysunday? With respect for Absinthe's privacy, I only ask out of genuine concern and hope for her well-being. Gloomysunday was a wonderful blog, a fine resource for gothic readers and the internet is the poorer for its absence.

Absinthe -- if you can -- please come back!

no one knows, completely vanished into thin air. I ahd corresponded with her a few times and so had Bellatrix but she even stopped returning our emails.