Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cover art: Any compilations?
Smile 
Hi all: I think most fans of the genre really enjoy the original cover art for these novels. I sure do.

Probably it's a longshot, considering the different publishers and artists involved, but by any chance has there ever been a book compilation of the cover art? It'd be great to have them all reproduced in a "coffee table" style book.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
I've never seen one, but I agree that it would be great to have a compilation of the different covers. Perhaps we can create a library of cover art on this forum. I have a few nice Gothics with the older cover art I could include.
Quote:Perhaps we can create a library of cover art on this forum. I have a few nice Gothics with the older cover art I could include.

Hi. Good idea. Smile

Unfortunately I don't own a scanner. Perhaps Kinko's will scan copyrighted material such as a novel's cover; would have to check, and also how much they charge. Last I knew it was $5.00 per scan.
Before we do anything of the kind, we should look into any possible copyright infringement issues. Perhaps we can overcome that by giving credit to the artists. As for scanning at Kinko's, $5 sounds excessive and they might have issues with scanning copyrighted material.
paigenumber Wrote:Before we do anything of the kind, we should look into any possible copyright infringement issues. Perhaps we can overcome that by giving credit to the artists. As for scanning at Kinko's, $5 sounds excessive and they might have issues with scanning copyrighted material.

Yeah. Sad

Kathryn Leigh Scott, best known as a Dark Shadows actress, founded Pompress:

http://www.aboutus.org/PompRess.com

Quote:Pomegranate specializes in quality non-fiction books on all aspects of the entertainment industry, along with such other non-fiction fare as guide books, biographies, textbooks, humor and coffee table art books.

Think I'll write and ask if they'd consider putting together and publishing a "coffee table art book" of classic Gothic novel covers.

No harm in asking (or suggesting).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gothic comic book art Gothmeister 0 6,051 04-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Gothmeister