Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers
Hello... - Printable Version

+- Gothic Romance Forum, a Community for Gothic Romance Fiction and Literature Lovers (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.gothicromanceforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Hello... (/showthread.php?tid=175)

Hello... - Obsessachick - 05-23-2008

Hi there. I love gothic romance novels-especially the dusty ones you find buried on public library shelves. I also pick them up at book sales and thrift stores. I adore the cover art in all their ghostly watercolor splendor. I am an insatiable reader of many different genres, but recently I decided to focus mainly on gothic romances. I love the escape they offer from my daily life as a wife and mother of two young kids. I love to imagine myself in all those exotic locations and in those dark and mysterious manors and castles. My first gothic romance love was Mary Stewart, and I will always remember picking up Nine Coaches Waiting in high school. From that moment on I was hooked!
Take Care all....
Obsessachick

RE: Hello... - Gothic Author - 05-25-2008

Obsessachick Wrote:Hi there. I love gothic romance novels-especially the dusty ones you find buried on public library shelves. I also pick them up at book sales and thrift stores. I adore the cover art in all their ghostly watercolor splendor. I am an insatiable reader of many different genres, but recently I decided to focus mainly on gothic romances. I love the escape they offer from my daily life as a wife and mother of two young kids. I love to imagine myself in all those exotic locations and in those dark and mysterious manors and castles. My first gothic romance love was Mary Stewart, and I will always remember picking up Nine Coaches Waiting in high school. From that moment on I was hooked!
Take Care all....
Obsessachick

Hi Obsessa,

I am so glad that there are still readers out there, who love the old Gothics. Since I have not been able to find them anymore, I decided I needed to write them. I have been writing over eight years now, and I am currently working on my second Gothic novel, titled, 'Veil of Secrets'. I am almost finished with it. I began reading Gothic's when I was young and was hooked from the start. I love Phyllis Whitney, Dorothy Daniels, Victoria Holt, Barbara Micheals, and Mary Stewart, as well as many other Gothic Romantic Suspense authors. They are the ones I pattern my work after. I also love the cover art. I think it sets the stage for the story, if it is done well. I love pictures of dark dreary castles and the main character shown in peril. I really dont care for the bodice ripper covers, they just don't appeal to me. But then again, I am an old fashioned ghoul. ;-}

Happy Haunting!

Lin~
Gothic Author

RE: Hello... - whitelady - 05-25-2008

I have been writing over eight years now, and I am currently working on my second Gothic novel, titled, 'Veil of Secrets'.
[/quote]

What was your first novel? Where can we find it?

RE: Hello... - Gothic Author - 05-25-2008

whitelady Wrote: I have been writing over eight years now, and I am currently working on my second Gothic novel, titled, 'Veil of Secrets'.

What was your first novel? Where can we find it?
[/quote]

Dark Secrets of Cedar Hall. You can find it on Amazon.

RE: Hello... - Bellatrix - 05-28-2008

Welcome!

Quote: adore the cover art in all their ghostly watercolor splendor. I am an insatiable reader of many different genres, but recently I decided to focus mainly on gothic romances. I love the escape they offer from my daily life as a wife and mother of two young kids. I love to imagine myself in all those exotic locations and in those dark and mysterious manors and castles.

Hear, hear! Smile

RE: Hello... - Lover - 05-29-2008

hi glad too meet you.,.

RE: Hello... - Obsessachick - 05-29-2008

Lover Wrote:hi glad too meet you.,.

Thanks for all the nice greetings!

RE: Hello... - ginnystrait - 06-28-2008

Hi
I love all gothics but am particularly interested in mysteries. In the 70s and 80s I read Stewart, Holt, Daniels, Michaels, Coffman, Eden, and a host of others.
At the moment I am reading the old gothics from the 1800s and listening to them on audiobook when I can find used ones. At the moment I am listening to Rebecca though I read it years ago.
Victorian mysteries are a great favorite of mine as well. I'm currently writing a Victorian Gothic Mystery which is requiring a good bit of research but it sure is fun.
I have been enjoying posts on the forum.
Pennsyginny